Hermosa SPES benefits 54 students

Philippine Standard Time:

Hermosa SPES benefits 54 students

Hermosa Mayor Jopet Inton and Municipal PESO Manager Ofelia Datu recently led the DOLE’s SPES payout activity at the Hermosa Covered Court.

Fifty four students from Hermosa received their payout under the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the local government of Hermosa (LGU-Hermosa). They received their salary for working as office staff for 30 days. Each student received 60% of their salary from the local government of Hermosa, while the remaining 40% came from the Department of Labor and Employment agency, according to Mayor Inton. ‚ÄúThe aim of this program is to provide financial assistance to students for their studies and to showcase their skills not only in the field of work but also in their studies,‚ÄĚ said Mayor Inton.

The Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) is a government initiative designed to provide temporary employment opportunities for financially challenged students to keep them in school and finish their education by allowing them to work and make their school break productive. The program aims to help students earn extra income to support their education expenses while gaining valuable work experience in various industries and agencies.

The program is stipulated under Republic Act No. 7323, known as the ‚ÄúSpecial Program for Employment of Students,‚ÄĚ as amended by Republic Act No. 9547 and 10917. Since its implementation in 1993, it has been considered as one of the government‚Äôs most relevant and worthwhile youth employment programs. The beneficiaries, who are students and out-of-school youth (OSY), will be exposed to the real world of work, where they will gain experience and enhance their capabilities as future members of the workforce. Through this program, it is expected that it will effectively hone their skills, attitude, and habits toward work.

The post Hermosa SPES benefits 54 students appeared first on 1Bataan.

Previous Mariveles Smoke-Free Generation program, higit na pinatatag

The Bunker

Capitol Compound, San Jose, City of Balanga, Bataan, Philippines 2100
Opening Hours:

Mon ‚Äď Fri: 8:00 am ‚Äď 5:00 pm


All content is in the public domain unless otherwise stated.

© 2023 - Provincial Government of Bataan. All Rights Reserved

Powered by: